Friday, October 21, 2011

Stretching

The title of this post is stretching because that's how I'm justifying writing this when I should be getting in the shower!  You can blog and stretch at the same time, right?? ;)

I just got back from a wonderful 4 mile run, the first run I've been able to do since the half on Sunday.  It felt so good to get moving after a long week of late night paper writing. I've been trying to do jumping jacks and squats and crunches and all that stuff at work when the babies are sleeping, but it just doesn't cut it.

I finished my 4 miles 34:38, so I was much speedier than I anticipated after almost a week off from running!
First time running in the Columbus shirt... feeling kinda proud :)

I even had a new 5k PR in there, at 26:46... only about 9 seconds faster but I'll take it!  I am thinking about signing up for a 5k next weekend (hopefully my Saturday night won't be too wild and crazy) to see how I do competitively.  It's been quite awhile since I've ran a 5k race.

After saying I was going to do it for a long time, I am finally going to try out a new yoga studio tomorrow. They have a yoga for runners class on Saturdays so it couldn't be more perfect.  I might even get up and run a few miles before it. Given the amount of apple crisp and ice cream I ate this week, I better.

Okay no more wasting time.  My grandparents are in town from Florida so they're meeting Ryan and I, and my aunt and uncle at Mom's house for dinner.  Grilled cheese ("Melt worthy" according to Mom) and soup with the fam... couldn't ask for anything better!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment