Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone had a fun and safe evening ringing in 2012!

Ryan and I got all dressed up and headed to Sergio's Sarava for a seriously delicious meal.  We were planning on staying there afterwards for a party but unfortunately I got a pretty bad stomach ache and we decided to change plans.  I blame the combination of wine, sugary (but so good) sangria, and rich food.
This dress was the bridesmaids dress from a wedding I was in a few months ago.  Some dresses you actually can shorten and wear again! 


I was planning on writing about resolutions, but in yoga class yesterday we talked about the difference between resolutions and intentions.  Resolutions are usually things you don't want to do, focusing on negatives.  "I will quit eating ice cream" or "I will lose ten pounds".  Intentions on the other hand are more positive and focus on what we will set out to do this year.  After talking about that, I decided I like thinking in intentions better than resolutions.  

My intentions for 2012:

1. Graduate with my Masters: As long as everything goes according to plan and I get an internship beginning in the summer, I will officially have my Masters in December 2012! 

2.  Run a marathon: Again, as long as everything goes according to plan and I don't have any unfortunate injuries, I will be running my first marathon in Columbus in October 2012.  As I said last night, I want to run 26 before I'm 26 :)

3.  Get my first, career-focused, big girl job: This one may be a little hard to accomplish in 2012 unless I get a job offer from my internship placement or unless I work really hard to pass everything I need to pass, get all my paperwork in order and apply before I officially graduate.  But regardless of if I actually have a job offer at the end of 2012, I will have made the biggest steps toward one.  

4.  Live as close to a vegan lifestyle as I can: After watching movies and reading books, I'm really into the idea of eating a plant-based, whole foods diet.  I know that cutting out a lot of processed food, sugar, and extra animal fat from the dairy products I still eat will do nothing but good things for me. Ice cream and cheese in other people's cooking will be my biggest obstacles, but I'll be trying to cut out as much as I can. Oh yeah, and chocolate.    


Despite what happens and what doesn't, I wish everyone the very best for 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment