Fun: A friend's wedding on St. Patrick's Day. If you've never had "Apple Pie" (some kind of moonshine drink), beware and enjoy with caution. Also, if you are about to get a garter slid up your leg, make sure you have a friend cover your boyfriend's eyes ;)
The highlight of the next week was the L'Nique networking party, which I fondly remember as the night I had cupcakes for dinner, danced by myself, and saw Hunger Games at 12:01 with a dear friend. Ryan has a family member who works for the company so I got to enjoy the festivities even though I'm not in the business. The food and the drinks were fantastic, the decorations were more than I could have ever imagined, it was a lot of fun.
I laughed, I cried, I was incredibly anxious for the characters even though I knew exactly what was going to happen. I still haven't seen it for a second time and I'm quite disappointed in myself!
Not so fun: The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory - 2 (MMPI-2) has almost literally taken over my life during the last month. It's been frustrating and extremely time consuming, but on the plus side I can make a good amount of money if I pursue focusing on administering this assessment in the future. I feel like finals week is right around the corner so I still have a lot of psychological assessments and treatment planning in my near future. Seriously May, you can hurry up and get here now so I can finish this semester and go on vacation :)
In running news.. I've finally got my lazy butt up and doing some long runs in training for the Cleveland Half-Marathon. The past two weekends have included a 7 mile run, then an 8 mile run. I've been happy with how I've finished my runs, but I'm starting to notice a pattern in my training.
For the past couple of weeks I've had a very difficult first few miles in my runs. I'm talking painful cramps, out of breathe, feeling exhausted. I'm thinking that I am not hydrating well enough because after I stop for a water break, I've felt much better. In both of my long runs, I felt awful and cramped until mile 3 or 4, but after stopping for water the finals 3-5 miles have felt great. Last year during training I noticed that I was getting cramps around mile 2, lasting for about a mile. Now I'm getting then even before I've reached 1 mile and they're lasting a lot longer. Definitely having some rough starts to my runs.
I've got 9 miles planned for something this weekend, so I am planning to keep a close eye on how much water I'm taking in the night before and the morning of my run. Hopefully I can get this figured out soon, because it's very discouraging to want to stop running after only 1 mile! Any suggestions are very welcomed.
I'm looking forward to a nice, long weekend coming up. I've got a few days off work so I can hopefully get a good chunk of homework done, enjoy an Easter brunch with the families, and see Cirque Du Soleil for the first time!


No comments:
Post a Comment