Thursday, April 19, 2012

Things to come...

I have a bad habit of basically losing my mind in the weeks leading up to a big change.  Some examples are a  move, the end of the semester, or the time before starting/ending college.  I turn into a crazy, moody person with too many conflicting emotions to handle.  I am currently in one of these transitions.

I have less than two weeks left in this semester, so I'm faced with lots of papers to write and exams to study for, mixed with  some pretty unfortunate time management skills and lack of motivation.  Ask anyone in my program, there was something in the water this semester that slowed down time and made little things get under our skin easily.  I am VERY excited for this semester to end an to have a few weeks off from classes before summer classes begin.

Now you may think there is nothing conflicting about that.  No school for a few weeks?  Sounds good, right?  After those few weeks off, internship starts.  Here's the conflict.  I am so very excited for my internship to start.  I'm excited for some experience outside of KSU, to help make positive changes in people's lives, and to challenge myself.  On the other hand, I'm incredibly nervous for what I'm about to do.  I have always been uncomfortable with the unknown and I feel like I'm about to dive head first into it.

Another thing I'm nervous about is the whole unpaid aspect of the internship.  I'll be leaving one of my current jobs when the internship begins, so the plan is to find a waitressing job for the nights I'm not at school or leading groups.  Goodbye social life and free time, it was nice knowing you.

Regardless of the anxiety this transition is giving me, I am ready for the change.  I'd rather have things start happening than continue sitting and thinking about them happening.  And I'm ready to take a big step toward graduation and a career.  One that doesn't involve changing diapers or serving food :)

Sorry for the rant, I needed to get all these thoughts out.  I feel better now.

Coming up this weekend:

The 1 year anniversary of my first 5k, the Fleet Feet run for Beechbrook, is Sunday and I'm excited to give it another go and hopefully beat last years time! Also- celebrating 2 years with my wonderful boyfriend :)

Fellow grad students, we're almost there! Just a few more weeks of hard work, we can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment