Friday, December 21, 2012

Exciting News!

This last week has been a whirlwind of amazing.

Thursday night, after I got home from babysitting, Ryan and I went for ice cream like we had been planning on all week.  I knew I wanted my peppermint stick ice cream (annual cravings..) so I walked straight up to the window to order without looking at the flavors board.  Ryan called me back, saying he needed a minute, and asked me to look at the flavor of the day.  The engraved sign under flavor of the day said "Peanut, will you marry me?".. I said yes and now I'm ENGAGED!!

Super short version of the story, but I could not be happier to be engaged to the love of my life, I cannot wait to be married to him and take the next step in our lives together!! We started wedding planning but we have nothing set in stone yet and I am so anxious to start visiting venues and making some big decisions.

That huge surprise was followed up by my best friend flying in for a surprise visit on Friday night! By this point I was so overwhelmed and happy with surprises that I had to warn Ryan not to spring anymore on me.

The weekend kept going great on Saturday when I graduated from grad school and got the spend the day celebrating with my family, and Sunday Ryan took some of my girlfriends and I winery hopping in Geneva for some more celebrations.

I have been so overwhelmed by the outpouring of love, support and congratulations.  I truly am surrounded by so much love and I could not be more grateful for everything and everyone that I have. I know I sort of flew through this update but the little one is waking up from a nap and I just wanted to get this excitement out there.  I'll probably spend some time writing about wedding planning later on because it is going to be on my mind all the time till the big day!

The only not amazing thing about this week is the horrible tragedy at Sandy Hook elementary. I will continue praying for the friends and families of the 27 people killed that day, and after discovering the 26 Acts idea that went viral today, I feel very passionately that I need to get on board with that.  27 (I'm including the mother) random acts of kindness in honor of the 27 people who lost their lives.  We can't control the bad in this world, but we sure can add more good to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment