Happy hump day friends! Want to write a quick post before the babies wake up from their nap. It's been a typically busy Monday-Wednesday this week, but having a commute home that is 25 minutes less than it was last week is a nice treat at the end of a long day.
Things are starting to come together in the apartment. The cable was set up yesterday (and I immediately loaded the DVR), the internet is ALMOST working (still waiting on a new router for wireless), and I'm desperately looking forward to some time to go decoration shopping.
I had my first clients in the center this week, which started out not so good, but I ended up feeling very positive about the last two sessions. Looking forward to meeting with my supervisor tonight for some constructive criticism.
This week begins the final leg of training for Columbus. Yesterday morning I ran another 4 miles around the apartment complex in about 40 seconds faster than I did Sunday night. Would've been even faster if I didn't get a killer cramp with half a mile left. I literally couldn't stand up straight as I was finishing, and had to sit down when I was done! Yikes
So the plan for the next week and a half looks a little something like this:
Thursday: Run 8-10 miles
Friday: YOGA! (How I miss you and need to find a studio near the new apt asap)
Sunday: Run 8-10 miles again! (Probably 8 if we do 10 Thurs, 10 if we do 8 Thurs)
Tuesday: easy 4
and repeat for Thursday, Friday and Sunday
The Sunday run next weekend should be interesting, because I will be in Columbus for a friends bachelorette party and will be driving home Sunday afternoon. Note to self: don't drink too much that you feel like a piece of garbage on Sunday and can't do your run.
Then it will be resting and short runs throughout the week in preparation for the Columbus Half Marathon on Sunday!! So excited... hopefully all the work we'll be putting in will make it a little easier to beat my previous 2:13 time.
No comments:
Post a Comment