All those great plans... yeah, none of them really happened.
We had a longer run scheduled for Thursday night, but by the time I got home from class it was dark, cold, rainy, and we were both exhausted. So we decided to go to bed early and wake up early on Friday to run instead.
It was SO COLD Friday morning so I bundled up with warmer capris, a long sleeved under armor shirt, then a long sleeve tshirt on top of that, and gloves. We drove to a nearby park that has a circle around it thats just under a mile. Wasn't a big fan of this course. Muddy, all gravel and big rocks, and about half of it was uphill.
About 5 laps down and I'm hurting. Bored, my ankles hurt from rolling on rocks, and we all know how I feel about hills. Luckily, the sun was starting to come up and I could see a sign ahead of us I hadn't seen before. Bike and Hike path! Hallelujah. So we hoped on the beautifully paved path for a few miles, then finished up with another lap and a half around the park to finish up 8 miles.
Once we were on the path, I felt great. One of those days when you feel like you could run forever.
Saturday I was up early to go interview a couple for my couples counseling class assignment, then hurried back for a bridal shower for my friend Amanda. I'm one of her bridesmaids, so the other bridesmaids and I ran gift opening and games and did a lot of clean up, and the shower seemed to go really well!
Amanda made cake pops, so now I am completely obsessed with the idea of making them myself. That will be my contribution for our yet to be planned house warming party :)
The plans I initially had for Saturday night were cancelled, so we ended up meeting Bill and his girlfriend Sam for a clambake and were joined at The Tradesman in Parma, then Treehouse in Tremont. Ended up being a great night!
I had hoped to run Sunday evening, but between the weather and visitors, that didn't happen. We started the day with pumpkin pancakes (which we planned to make at the bar the night before), then had some visitors over for the Browns game, and made lasagna for Bill and Sam for dinner!
Missing my run, but I'll survive (and wake up early tomorrow to get a few more miles in than planned maybe). I will also be trying to sneak in some crunches and squats and jumping jacks etc. when the babies are sleeping today! Gotta make up for all the junk food yesterday. Yes chips, french onion dip, and ice cream, I'm talking about you.

No comments:
Post a Comment