Wednesday, October 12, 2011

On One Hand

The countdown to the Columbus Half is 4 days aka I can count on one hand how many days are left until!

This has been an exhausting, slightly stressful week, so I'm excited to have something to look forward to this weekend.  Ryan and I will be heading down Saturday morning and staying with friends who are also running the half.

I'm creepily excited for the Expo, I'm not going to lie.  The CLE expo was really cool, but I was there alone so didn't hang out for too long.  I'm excited to explore the booths with other people this time.

Now let's get to this running, shall we?

I set out Tuesday morning with the expectation of running 4 easy miles.  After mile 1 I was feeling good and making good time, so I decided to try and pick up the pace and end with a good 5k time.  By the end of mile 2, I was holding the pace and thought that maybe, just maybe, I could try and beat my fastest 5k time.

And I did!

I thought I was going to die the entire last mile, but I finished with a time of 26:55, finally breaking 27 minutes.  You may think that's not very fast at all, but trust me, for me it is.  :)

Just two more classes, two work days, and 1 supervision hour to get through and it will be the WEEKEND! Maybe trying a new yoga studio Friday... we'll see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment