Thursday, November 8, 2012

Challenge Update

Okay so I lied.  I said I was going to post weekly updates about my families biggest loser challenge.  But then I started coming in last place every single week so my pride got the best of me and I chickened out.

On Tuesday we had out last weigh-in and I triumphantly finished still in last place.  I started at 145.6 and ended at 140.8, not nearly where I wanted to be but something I am very proud of.  With this whole weight loss thing, I'm not doing anything crazy, I'm not restricting myself, just trying that whole moderation thing and reducing desserts and snacks.  Plus with recently starting weight training, I know my progress will be slow and minimal.

I do see changes in my body and I feel better about my body, so for me to say that I feel like I should be the true winner :)

I'm going to continue weekly weigh-ins and keeping track of that on my own, hopefully I'll be seeing a 3 number shortly!

Running Update:

On Saturday, I set out for a 10 mile run with my stepdad.  I was not feeling too confidant about this run because I had skipped the long run the weekend before and had not been working out much because of an illness.  I was so thankful when he offered to come with me, I don't know if I would have made it through all ten without someone to talk to and encourage me.  We walked a good amount so I wouldn't overdo it, and we ended up running almost 10.5.

It was the first time this season I've run in the colder weather, and I forgot how dang brutal that wind can be! My legs and joints were really stiffening up toward the end of the run, I think most of my body was numb, and my face was wind-burned pink for the rest of the day.  All in a days work, right? :)

Unfortunately that numbness caused me to somehow injure my foot and not notice it until the next day. Since Sunday I've had a terrible pain on the side of my left foot, just in front of the heel area, shooting through my foot with every step.  I tried to rest it Sunday and Monday then went for 3 miles on Tuesday.  For the first half of the run it hurt with every step then the pain almost completely went away.  Unfortunately it came back shortly after the run and has not given me a break yet.

So now I'm struggling with how to spend the next week and few days before the half.  Do I suck it up and continue training since I know I can run on it?  Do I rest more than I'd like to and hope Saturday's long run is enough to get me through the half?

As for the more logical ideas like going to have someone look at it, just ask Ryan, unless I'm practically dying I don't go to doctors.  No offense doctor friends, I'm just stubborn and convinced everything will work itself out on it's own.  And dropping out of the race is not an option.  So for now I'll ice and rest and try to figure out the rest of this training period.

Anyone have an suggestions or similar experiences?

No comments:

Post a Comment