Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Back on the Pavement

Yesterday was a good day. I had a networking meeting in the morning, and an event at my internship I had to work in the evening.  I volunteered to dress up as an elf, so naturally my job was to pass out gifts to all the kids who had their pictures taken with Santa.  It was awesome, and seeing how happy these kids were by seeing Santa and getting a wrapped present made me happy in return.

Merry Christmas!
In the time between the meeting and the event, I had some lunch, watched the latest episode of Homeland (OMGAHH!), and went outside for a run. I wanted to push myself for 3 miles, since I will be running in the Jingle Bell 5k this weekend! This will be my last race of the year, and my only 5k of the fall season, so I'm hoping to finish under 27 minutes.  Based on my time for yesterday's run, that goal is a possibility!

This was my first time running outside since Thanksgiving.  I have no idea what has been holding me back since the weather has been so nice lately. Despite the rain, it felt wonderful to get back out there. Oh fresh air, I have missed you. The faster pace felt good for the first mile, but then it caught up with me. I seriously thought about taking a breather after two miles, but I'm glad I didn't. I guess the higher intensity Crossfit style workouts Ry has had me doing at the gym are paying off. Now I'm excited to see what I can do this weekend with the exhilaration of a race pushing me forward! Also, I'm thinking after Saturday I will look back to all the races I completed in 2012 and write a post about that.  I think it will be fun to see what all I have accomplished in the fitness realm! 

Also - I lied... I got to wear my running skirt again for my run yesterday! It's the little things... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment